This 5-minute vegan Caesar dressing is just as good as the classic kind! The cashews make it creamy, and the capers add a nice tangy, briny flavor.
You don’t need raw eggs, anchovies, or even Parmesan cheese to make a delicious Caesar dressing, and this vegan Caesar dressing recipe is here to prove it! I love this recipe because it delivers all the creamy, tangy, briny qualities you want in a classic Caesar dressing, but it’s so simple to make at home. Take the short list of ingredients and throw them in a blender, and this delicious sauce will be ready in under 5 minutes.
Vegan Caesar Dressing Recipe Ingredients
To make this vegan Caesar dressing recipe, you’ll need these simple ingredients:
- Raw cashews – They create a rich and creamy dressing base. In fact, they provide enough richness that there is no need for olive oil in it. This vegan Caesar dressing is completely oil free!
- Fresh garlic – It adds a sharp, savory flavor.
- Lemon juice – For light.
- Dijon mustard – As a signature ingredient in classic Caesar dressing, Dijon adds a much-needed tang to this recipe.
- Capers – They give the tangy flavor that anchovies would give to a traditional Caesar sauce.
- Water – This helps the cashews blend into a smooth and creamy sauce.
- And fresh black pepper – For kicks.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Vegan Caesar Dressing Recipe Tips
- Use raw, unroasted, cashews. Raw cashews have a mild, neutral flavor, so they’re great for use in sauces and dressings like this one. Do not use roasted cashews here; their nutty flavor will overpower the dressing!
- Know your blender. I make this dressing in my high-speed Vitamix blender, which has no problem blending plant-based ingredients like cashews into creamy purees. Less powerful blenders may not achieve such a smooth texture as easily. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, I recommend soaking the cashews for at least 6 hours before making the dressing. Dry them before adding them to the blender.
- Keep a jar on hand. This vegan Caesar salad dressing will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I love making it on the weekend so I have it on hand for tossing salads and drizzling over grain bowls throughout the week!
How to Use Vegan Caesar Dressing
My favorite way to use this vegan Caesar dressing is, of course, in a Caesar salad. I especially like it in this kale Caesar salad, made with garlic croutons, crispy chickpeasand vegan Parmesan cheese.
But the ways of using it do not end there! Here are some others I love:
How would you like to use this vegan salad dressing? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Salad Dressings
If you love this vegan Caesar dressing, try one of these favorite dressing recipes next:
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 spoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon capers, dried
- ½ cup water
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a high-speed blender, add the cashews, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, capers, water, and a few grinds of pepper.
Blend until smooth and season to taste.