You’ve just spent a fortune bleaching your hair and want to fix your glorious locks with a soothing coconut oil home remedy. There is only one thing. You’re worried it will discolor your hair and turn it into a ball of grease.
Here’s how long to leave coconut oil in bleached hair and how to look glam.
How long should I keep coconut oil on bleached hair?
You should keep coconut oil on bleached hair anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour for moderately damaged hair and overnight for severely damaged hair. You can use coconut oil once or twice a week for best results.
Coconut oil has many benefits, and it can be a panacea for over-processed hair. Coconut oil for bleached hair will have you looking good again in no time.
Coconut oil is beneficial for all hair types, but you’ll want to purchase high-quality, organic, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil for the best results. A little goes a long way, so if you’ve bleached your hair and have damaged, dry stands, then coconut oil might just be the way to keep your highlights silky smooth.
How long to leave coconut oil depending on the condition of the hair?
Harsh bleach damaged hair
If your hair is badly damaged by bleaching, leaving coconut oil in overnight can help repair the damage to overprocessed strands.
When you sleep, the body regenerates and absorbs nutrients better. The same applies to skin and hair. By sleeping with the coconut for bleached hair, your hair has eight to ten hours to absorb the benefits of the nourishing oil.
- Avoid applying coconut oil to the scalp; Leave about a centimeter
- Protect your bedding by wearing a shower cap or hood
- The heat covering the head helps the oil penetrate while you sleep
- Shampoo with gentle low sulfate shampoo and condition as usual
- If your ends are badly damaged, add a ball and apply to split ends
Repeat this treatment once or twice a week. Avoid over-shampooing your hair, and go for renewals. Adjust the treatment frequency as your hair improves.
Moderately damaged hair
If your bleached hair is feeling the effects of an aging bleach job, leave the treatment on for twenty minutes to an hour, like a hair mask treatment.
Again, use a quality product and follow the guidelines below. Remember to avoid touching your scalp unless you need intensive treatment.
- After applying the coconut oil, cover your head with a shower cap or towel wrap
- Wash with a mild shampoo and apply the natural air-dried look
- Repeat as needed
You should see improved bounce, better shine and less split ends.
As Paris you will say
Coconut oil is your friend if your blonde-blonde hair is healthy enough with occasional frizzy days. While you want to go through life being generous, using coconut oil is not one of those moments. For best results, apply sparingly.
- Use four to five drops on damp hair
- Scan and cover the entire length
- style, as usual,
- Use it as a leave-in conditioner and a frizz conditioner
- Avoid roots
Why should you fry your hair with coconut oil?
Did you bleach it for the first time? Or are you a repeat offender because blondes do have more fun? Regardless of why your hair is dry and damaged, coconut oil can help because:
- It has moisturizing and anti-aging properties
- It has a high fat content from saturated fat
- Fatty acids from lauric acid provide antimicrobial benefits
- It provides a barrier to protect your scalp and moisturizes your hair
- It helps tame frizz and heals breakage.
So, how long to keep coconut oil in bleached hair?
Coconut oil can help restore shine to your damaged and bleached locks, tame frizz and protect from the heat of styling. In general, for moderately damaged hair, coconut oil can be left on for 20 minutes to an hour.
Very damaged hair benefits from leaving the coconut oil on strands overnight. Either way, you will see an improvement in the health of your hair.
Here are some frequently asked questions about coconut oil in bleached hair.
Definitely. Use it as a mask treatment or conditioner.
Depends on your hair. Some need a quick 15 minute conditioner; Others benefit from night treatments.
Apply a few drops of coconut oil, smooth the hair, cover and leave for 15 minutes to several hours, depending on the damage.