You need this spicy mayo recipe in your life! Creamy and tangy, with a delicious kick, this simple seasoning brings life to sushi, tacos, and more.
It’s hard to overstate how much I love spicy mayo. Maybe you can relate? It’s creamy, it’s zingy, it’s full of fiery spice. How did you do it? no want to eat it sushiNevermind tacos, veggie burgersor one side of French fries?
Like many people, I started eating spicy mayo at restaurants, but for years, I’ve been making my own at home. It’s so delicious to save when you’re eating, and so easy to make! My recipe calls for four basic ingredients, ones you probably already have in your pantry: mayo, sriracha, lime juice, and a little toasted sesame oil. Just mix for a minute or two. What are you waiting for?
Spicy Mayo Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this spicy mayo recipe:
- May, of course! My biggest tip for this recipe is to choose a high-quality mayonnaise. It’s the main ingredient in this sauce, so you can really taste it. I like Kewpie mayo and Sir Kensington’s avocado oil mayonnaise. Sir K is great vegan mayo too. You can also make your own vegan mayo using this recipe.
- Sriracha hot sauce – It adds spice to this spicy mayo recipe!
- Fresh lime juice – For light and tang.
- Roasted sesame oil – It adds a nutty depth of flavor to this simple sauce.
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Sriracha Mayo
My method for making spicy mayo is as simple as mixing these four ingredients together! Start with the measurements listed in the recipe below. Then, taste and adjust the sauce to your liking. Add more sriracha if you want a spicier sauce, add more lime if you want it brighter, or mix in extra mayo if you want to tame the heat. With a little tweaking, it will be easy to find a balance of flavors that you love!
How to Use Spicy Mayo
You can store spicy mayo in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for about 4 days, so it’s a great sauce to keep on hand to jazz up a simple meal. Here are some of our favorite ways to use it:
How do you like to use sriracha mayo? Let me know in the comments!
More Favorite Sauces and Dips
If you love this spicy mayonnaise recipe, try one of the delicious sauces or dips below:
This spicy sriracha mayo recipe is a quick and easy way to jazz up sushi, tacos, burgers, and more! Find our favorite serving suggestions in the post above.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 spoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sriracha, lime juice, and sesame oil. Taste and adjust as desired.
Use as a sauce for sushi bowls, it vegan sushi, or your favorite sushi recipe. Find more serving suggestions in the post above.