When you’re not a pro, the chances of ruining your hair when you’re trying to layer your shirts are really high. If you don’t want to end up with a bad layered haircut, our advice would be to make an appointment with a good hairstylist who knows how to cut your hair gradually.
What is a bad layered haircut?
Bad Layered haircut It is one where some layers are too short and others too long in areas where the difference is really noticeable. The hair ends up looking cut and uneven.
Furthermore, it is difficult to style bad layers and almost impossible to hide the uneven layers. They look rough! This happens when you try to cut layers without any experience and end up cutting your hair.
Then there are some haircuts that are supposed to add volume, but instead of doing that, they make the hair stick to the scalp. This can happen if you put longer layers where the shorter ones should be.
On the other hand, if you add short layers to thick hair you can make it uncontrollably wild as you increase the volume.
An example of bad layers
Layers should fall on top of each other, creating a stacked effect. We all know those funny videos that have gone viral on the internet, featuring women trying to achieve their favorite hairstyle at home.
If you don’t want to be like them, find out below some examples of bad layered haircuts and find out how to avoid such a look.
1. Bad long layered haircut
If you ended up having a bad time Long layered haircut, Do not panic! We know you’re having a drama queen moment and all for the right reasons, but when your hair is long, you still can Fix the mess by visiting the hairdresser.
2. Terrible layers
Well, that’s one bad layered haircut! They look more like dull layers instead of beautiful blends. A good hairstylist can help you fix this by smoothing out those chopped strands.
Unfortunately, you’ll probably have to give up a few inches of your hair to get it looking good again.
3. Bad layered hairstyle with bangs
Instead of making the hair gain volume and texture, this long, layered hair only made it look thin and dull. If you have ever experienced something like this, get a medium hairstyle or a Modern long bob It will look much better than this. Be sure that Avoid these bad bangs.
4. Messy layers
These bad face framing layers are the best example of how you shouldn’t cut your hair. the short Bangs are not ideal for round faces; On the contrary, they make it look bigger and emphasize the cheekbones.
5. Women over 50 with a poorly layered figure
when you a A woman over 50 years old, your hair starts to lose its pigment and fall out. This is why you will need a hairstyle that works in your favor, not your bad Short layered haircut Like the one above. Go for a pixie cut or blunt hairstyle.
6. Hair highlights + bad layers
That bad thick, layered hair looks awful, mostly because those hair strands don’t blend nicely. High definition is definitely not the goal here!
7. Messy short hair with bad layers
When you struggle with nice hair, layers and tolerances will never help you gain more volume. But blunt cuts will! Style waves or curls with an iron or braid your hair before you go to bed if you want more dimension.
8. Poorly styled layered purple hair
Why would you make your hair lose its volume, who wants that? Surely not us, right? Avoid this type of haircut that gives dimension to only half of your tops and minimizes the tips. The hair color is beautiful, but it would never work with such a bad layered hairstyle.
9. Hair with bad layers
Have you ever wondered what a bad layered haircut looks like? You have the example above. This experiment gone completely wrong will never flatter anyone because the layers are rough, and you can also see longer threads in the fringe area that shouldn’t be there.
If you want an asymmetrical hairstyle and you know you don’t have the skills to do it at home, visit your favorite hairstylist and they will do it right for you.
10. Thin hair with bad layers
when you have thin hair, layers are not your best option, and you can see that for yourself in the image above. Do you see how sparse the ends look, even if she tried to get volume by fanning it? so terrible! Go for straight and blunt cuts or stacked layers because they can help you solve any thin hair problems.
Can you fix a bad layered haircut?
If you are the one who added bad layers, it is probably better to contact a professional to fix it for you. If someone else has done the messy job for you, and you have experience cutting hair, you may be able to fix it yourself.
How to fix a bad layered haircut
Here’s how to fix a bad layered haircut:
- Correct Uneven layers By starting all over again. Start with your headdress. Use small vertical sections and hold them at a 90 degree angle. Then cut the hair straight across, parallel to the floor, where the shortest hair is in that part. This may make your hair significantly shorter, but it should look nicer when you’re done.
- Correct Chopped layers By creating a separate layer between the two that is far apart. Do this by taking a section of a longer layer and cutting it so that it is halfway between the shorter and longer layer.
- If your stylist has inadvertently thinned out the volume from your already thinning hair, she has mistakenly added long layers. They can be fixed by cutting it shorter. Hold the hair at a right angle and pin the layer straight across half of the layer. This will make your hair much shorter but create the volume you need.
- your mother The layers are too short, you may not be able to fix them at home. Instead, use Hair Accessories To hide your less glamorous appearance.
Watch the following tutorial to learn how to fix bad layers
Do’s and Don’ts for repairing bad layers
Here are some dos and don’ts about re-cutting your layers:
- If you are able to fix your layers, Do not do hurry it up
- to do Always work on Wet hair.
- to do Use super sharp scissors.
- to do Use vertical sections instead of horizontal. These will help keep your layers from looking sad.
- If bangs are part of your style, Do not do cut them straight. Twist the hair and cut it across for a more natural look. Then cut the ends of the light at a 30 degree angle.
- If you are not comfortable grabbing scissors and starting work, to do Use a professional instead.
Bad layers vs good
There are other style differences between good layers and bad layers:
- Good layers swing around the face with movement, whether you’ve added volume with them or thinned out unwieldy hair. Bad layers are stiff and can stick out at odd angles.
- The good ones look beautiful, but the bad ones look unkempt.
- Good layers are easy to style, you just have to comb them into place. Bad layers resist design.
- Good layers will emphasize those areas of your face that you are happy with. Bad layers do the opposite and can show any imperfections in your face and hair.
No, layers are great for hair when cut properly. They make hair look great and because the split ends are trimmed, they encourage growth.
You can see how long it will take by measuring the shortest to longest layer and calculate how long it will take if your hair grows half an inch a month. How long it will take also depends on whether your layers are long or short.
If they are short layers, they may take three to six months to fully grow. If they are long layers, they may last six months to a year. You can help make the process easier by getting microcuts that take the layers away little by little.
If your hair is very long, you can fix the layers and finish with a medium length haircut. Fixing layers always shorten the hair considerably.
If they were cut so sloppily that dull scissors were used, yes, the clippers can damage your hair by causing split ends. The damage will be from the blunt scissors, but not from the layers themselves.
Bad layered haircuts are easy to pull off if you have inexperienced hands or a lack of skills. As you look at these celebs’ amazing shirts, layers, and colors, remember that most of your icons are paying a lot of money to look this good. We’re not saying you should spend thousands of dollars on a haircut, but finding a good hairstylist will save you from getting a terrible haircut at home.
You might like it too