This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is a weeknight hero. It comes together on a baking sheet in about 30 minutes. No boiling required!
If you’ve never made sheet pan gnocchi before, brace yourself: once you try it, your nightly dinner rotation will never be the same! The reason why it is so magical is that you don’t need to boil the gnocchi. That means this recipe requires no pasta pot and no waiting for the water to boil. It comes together on a single sheet pan, and you can have it in the oven, out of the oven, and on the dining table in 30 minutes.
I got the idea to try it after I developed a skillet gnocchi recipe for my new cookbook. I figured that if store-bought gnocchi can be cooked in a skillet, they can also be grilled on a sheet pan.
…and I have a new favorite way to cook gnocchi! It becomes soft and chewy in the oven. In this recipe, its texture contrasts perfectly with juicy cherry tomatoes, crisp-edged broccolini, and silky onions. Big chunks of feta cheese add a rich, briny flavor, while parsley, thyme, and a pinch of za’atar offer freshness to balance it all out. I hope you love this sheet pan gnocchi recipe as much as I do!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this recipe:
- Gnocchi, of course! Both refrigerated and shelf-stable potato gnocchi work well here. I especially like the Isolation brand, available at Whole Foods, and Trader Joe’s gnocchi. Note that I haven’t tried using cauliflower gnocchi here, so I’m not sure how it would work!
- Broccoli – Cut the flowers into large pieces, leaving them whole, and cut the stems into 1/2-inch chunks. They add an amazing crunchy-soft texture to this dish!
- Cherry tomatoes – They release their juices in the oven, lightly coating the gnocchi and other vegetables.
- Red onion and garlic – For a delicious depth of flavor. Thinly slice the garlic instead of chopping or slicing it to prevent it from burning in the oven.
- Extra-virgin olive oil – It helps everything brown while grilling.
- Za’atar and fresh thyme leaves – They add an earthy, aromatic flavor to this sheet pan meal. Don’t have za’atar on hand? Use Italian seasoning instead.
- Red pepper flakes – For warmth.
- Feta cheese – Don’t destroy it! Instead, break it into large pieces. They offer a nice creamy contrast to the chewy gnocchi and tender vegetables.
- Fresh parsley – For a fresh finishing touch.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is so easy to make! Here’s how it goes:
First, preheat the oven up to 450°F. While it’s heating, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and chop the vegetables and fresh herbs.
Next, season the gnocchi and vegetables. Place the gnocchi, broccolini, tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, za’atar, thyme leaves, red pepper flakes, and a few grinds of pepper. Toss to combine.
Then, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet. Spread everything in one layer as best you can. The pan will be a little tight, but the better you can get things out, the more brown they’ll be.
Roast for 10 minutes. Pull the sheet pan from the oven and stir in the gnocchi and vegetables. Spread them again in one layer.
Before returning the pan to the oven, spread the feta. Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the gnocchi are tender and the vegetables and feta are browned.
Finally, season to taste and serve with a sprinkle of parsley on top!
Serving Suggestions Sheet Pan Gnocchi
We often enjoy this sheet pan gnocchi recipe as a stand-alone meal—the mix of gnocchi, feta, and roasted veggies makes it super satisfying. That said, it pairs well with a number of side dishes.
This sheet pan dinner is best right after it’s made, as the cooked gnocchi hardens as it cools. However, if you have leftovers, they can be stored for up to 2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Place them in the microwave to reheat. The gnocchi won’t be as soft after it’s cooked, but it will still be delicious!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
If you love this sheet pan gnocchi, try one of the easy dinner recipes next:
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
This sheet pan gnocchi recipe is one of our favorite easy dinners! Grilled store-bought gnocchi with fresh greens and tangy feta cheese. No boiling required!
- 1 pound store-bought potato gnocchi (we like Isolation)
- 1 bunch of broccolini, the ends are cut off, the flowers are cut into large pieces and the stems are cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 spoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon za’atar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese, torn into 1-inch chunks
- Fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the gnocchi, broccolini, cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt, thyme, za’atar, red pepper flakes, and a few grinds of pepper. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
Roast for 10 minutes. Stir, then spread the feta on top. Roast for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the gnocchi are tender and the vegetables and feta are browned. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Season to taste and serve.