Instead of disappearing quickly, the top knot or samurai bun just keeps growing. Inspired by the long hairstyles of samurai warriors, the top knot became more popular. Now it’s not just for guys with extra long hair.
The top knot consists of a smaller bun of hair created not at the crown, but at the exact top of the head. And while you may think your bun dreams are impossible to achieve, the top knot is an ideal look for those of us with a bit of a short bob.
What is a samurai top knot?
A samurai bun can be styled by men with shorter hair. The top knot comes from the traditional Chonmage haircut Japanese men wear. It dates back to the 15th century Edo period samurai.
Top knots are commonly paired with an undercut. This creates a strong disconnect between the volume above and the temples. arranged, Shaved side A part can also be used to emphasize this. The sides can also include a fade to tidy up the finish along the nape.
The top can be slipped back and tied into a bun at or just above the crown. Alternatively, it can be swept back in a messy style or made neat. The bun itself is wild, decorated or a simple ponytail. It’s also becoming a trend to go Ragnar Lodbroke by braiding the top.
How to make a Samurai Top Knot
So how do you get a top link, You’re asking? The hair should be cut on the back and sides of the head, not with scissors. It creates a uniform look that will unite you top link and make it the most prominent. It is also the element that separates the top knot from a man bun.
- Start with a cut or fade. This is where your hair is long on the highest point of your head and short on the sides. The hair at your highest point creates a fringe to be long enough to reach your nose when pulled forward.
- Dry your hair for extra volume. First wet your hair, at this point dry it, pull it up and away from the part. In case you have thick or wavy hair, in any case, consider drying it straight. This will make it easier to control this style; Your hair should be thick enough to begin with.
- Apply wax or grease to shape. Rub the item between your palms first to warm it up, at which point apply it equally to the good (long) part of your hair. On the slim chance you have thick wavy hairThink moisturizer or sage.
- Brush your hair back with utmost attention to detail. Use the brush to smooth your hair as much as possible. Keep your hair between the two sections created by the blur/cut
- Put your hair in a braid. Slide a pin onto your wrist first. Put your hair in a braid with this hand. Use your free hand to slide the beret over your wrist and into the braid
- Twist the braid into a round bun. Wrap the pin several times around the braid. On the last wrap, pull the braid only part of the way through the clasp and not the entire distance.
- Tie your hair up, as needed. Use your hands to smooth the hair at the highest point of the head back. In case you see any flyaways, mist them well with hairspray first, smooth them down.
Watch the following DIY Samurai Top Knot tutorial
Classic top knot samurai hairstyles
Here are the 20 most popular samurai braid and samurai bun hairstyles that we have compiled for you.
1. Top Knot with appeal fade
A slightly faded undercut along with a samurai top knot.
2. Samurai Top Knot with Low Fade
This samurai bun hairstyle is a dramatically faded cut or completely shaved sides paired with a top knot. The neat curve forms on the head and reflects a graceful hairstyle.
3. Hidden connection
It doesn’t take much patience to grow your hair to the desired length to go for the top knot hairstyle. You can try the chirpy and simple samurai top knot hairstyle to get a spectacular look.
4. Samurai Top Knot+Taper Fade
The high top knot in the samurai style is similar to tying much higher than the top. The knot is designed in the top center of the head.
5. Top Knot with Undercut is disconnected
This hairstyle is an unusual hairstyle among men, but men who want to look different can try this horizontal samurai double top knot. Divide the hair into two equal parts from the middle line and tie a knot in the middle.
6. Tie half up
This samurai style knot is suitable for men with medium to long hair, as the top knot requires some length to pull up. For those with thick hair, this style is a great way to keep hair manageable as it lifts the hair off the face.
7. A hypocrite bun
This hairstyle is perfect for men who want to add a touch of tradition to their look. Also, the samurai bun is an easy way to create a classic knot on the crown of your head. The hair tie holds the bun in place while still allowing some movement.
8. Mohawk bun
The shaved sides create a sharp contrast with the samurai top knot on the long mohawk, giving an edgy and masculine look. This style is ideal for men who have thick, coarse hair and want to keep it away from their face. It’s a great way to stay cool in the summer and can be dressed up for a night out.
9. Curly top knot
This style is best suited for thick and curly hair. The sides are faded low, while the top is designed to tie the top back. To achieve this look, use a strong pomade or gel to smooth the top. Once the top is slicked back, pull the hair into a high ponytail and secure with a band.
10. Top knot disconnected
This is a modern and eye-catching variation that gives a trendy vibe to the traditional hairstyle. To style it, start by using a comb or brush to smooth the hair from the front of the head. Then use an elastic band to tie the hair up to secure the knot.
11. Faded low top knot
This braided samurai hairstyle with a fade looks amazing and is fit for rock stars. Make a neat central braid and style the bun in the center.
12. Top Knot with Hair Design
The samurai-inspired top knot hairstyle is a unique and sexy hairdo variation man bun hairstyles. Keep your long hair looking more stylish with cropped sides. The long hair at the top is tied in a knot and looks like a man bun.
13. Polished top knot
This look gives you attention due to less details embedded in the hairstyle itself. One thing is for sure, this look gives a clean and gorgeous finish that doesn’t scream too much.
14. High Top Fade with Part
This samurai top knot style is similar to the high man bun located in the top center of the head above the crown. The rest of the head has a fade with lighter hair that gives yours a hip-hop look. The neat curve forms on the head and reflects a graceful hairstyle.
15. Classic Samurai Topknot
What a stunning and amazing look you can get with the Samurai Pointed bottom hairstyle. In this samurai top knot style, the back of the head and the sides are shortened in length. The hair is artistically pointed to be styled into a bun using hair clippers. Be trendy by sporting this hairstyle. This is a hairstyle to steal the hearts of thousands, and gives you a sexier look.
16. Messy top knot
A messy samurai man bun is a unique hairstyle that gives you a sexy look. The main top knot is the full knot. The hair at the top is tied in one knot. Usually, a full male bond is found in the header. To style a full top knot, the length of the hair should be at least 9 inches to get a perfect style and shape.
17. curly man bun
A curly samurai bun is a stylish hairstyle for men who want to be fashionable and trendy. The hair is curled and then styled into a top knot.
18. Top Knot with French braid
the samurai A man bun with a braided hairstyle Looks amazing and is fit for rock stars. Make a neat central French braid and style the bun in the center. The left and right sides can be shaved well.
19. Samurai Bun man with a beard
This samurai bun hairstyle is adorable because men who grow their hair long must be patient. You will have to wait until the hair is long enough to style the bond with beards.
20. A pair with side braids
In this samurai hairstyle, a side braid with a samurai top knot hairstyle looks jazzy for rock stars and singers. If you are into music you must try this. Make the side braid neat and form the bun at the top of the head.
A samurai top knot or a samurai bun can really enhance your look and make you look like a model, toned and relaxed. Besides, we suggest combining your samurai haircut with full facial hair or even light stubble. The mustaches and full head convey a sense of masculinity, it also just looks absolutely hot.